What we’re learning about victims of the Stockton serial killings

The recent shooting deaths of at least five people in Stockton and of one person killed in Oakland last year are believed to be interconnected, according to Stockton police. In addition, the shooting of a woman in Stockton last year who survived is also linked in connection with the serial killings. As the Stockton Police Department searches for the person or people responsible for the serial killings, KCRA 3 is learning more about the lives lost. Leer en espanol. The family and the medical examiner’s office first identified the five recent victims.35-year-old Paul Alexander Yaw43-year-old Salvador William Debudey Jr.21-year-old Jonathan Hernandez Rodriguez52-year-old Juan Cruz52-year-old Lorenzo LopezTwo more shootings have since been linked to the recent slides. They included an April 10, 2021, shooting at 4:18 am when a 40-year-old Hispanic man was killed in Oakland, police said. And a 46-year-old woman survived her injuries after being shot on April 16, 2021, at 3:20 am at Park and Union streets in Stockton. Video above: Stockton police chief reviews five cases that he said appear to be connected”These incidents are occurring in the hours of darkness, these incidents are occurring where folks are alone by themselves, not in lit areas,” Stockton police chief Stanley McFadden said on Friday, Sept. 30.While most of the victims are Hispanic, Stockton police don’t believe that there is any indication that these are hate crimes. At the moment, it’s unclear if a person of interest being sought by police is a suspect or a witness.| Read More | Stockton police chief says ‘stop the killing’ as they investigate serial homicides; person of interest sought Paul Alexander Yaw, 35Paul Alexander Yaw was killed on July 8, the family confirmed to KCRA 3. “This is my son Paul. He was a great man with a big heart,” his mother, Greta Bogrow, who lives in Texas, said in a statement. “He was my son, a father, a grandson, nephew, cousin and brother and was loved by many. He has left a huge hole in our hearts, and I hope they catch the person(s) responsible before this happens again.” Yaw was shot just after midnight — around 12:30 am — at a park in the 5600 block of Kermit Lane, police said. He was taken to the hospital, where he died from his injuries. One neighbor told KCRA 3 that she heard the gunshots.Bogrow said her son was unhoused at the time of his death. Salvador William Debudey Jr., 43 Salvador William Debudey Jr. was killed on Aug. 11, the family confirmed to KCRA 3.Debudey was a Stockton native and father. He was shot around 9:49 pm in a parking lot on the 4900 block of West Lane, police said. Officers found him with a gunshot wound and started life-saving measures. He died at the scene of the shooting, which was about five minutes away from the first homicide. Debudey’s wife, Analydia Lopez, says that she found out about the possible connection between all homicides through social media and is upset that Stockton police haven’t reached out to give her family information.”It’s caused a lot of pain, a lot of pain to our family,” said Analydia Lopez, the wife of Salvador Debudey.She said she met Debudey roughly 28 years ago when they were students at Franklin High School. They reconnected later in life and were married for 12 years.”To be honest with you, a part of me died with him that day,” Lopez said. “It’s been hard. It’s been really, really hard.” In addition to his wife and daughter, Debudey is survived by his three younger brothers and his mother and father. The family is now left wondering who killed the 43-year-old.Learn more about Dubedy here.Lorenzo Lopez, 54Lorenzo Lopez was killed on Sept. 27, the family confirmed to KCRA 3.He was shot just before 2 am on the 900 block of Porter Avenue, police said. When officers arrived, they found the man on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. A shrine has since been set up at the scene by grieving family members. “My mother and father were just heartbroken from this,” said Jerry Lopez, brother of Lorenzo. “That’s their first baby boy. And I know they have so many memories of him.”Jerry Lopez is hopeful that the Stockton Police Department’s announcement that it’s offering reward money and looking for a person of interest in connection to his brother’s killing, and others “He was there for me. He was watching out for me. I wish I could’ve watched out for him,” Jerry Lopez said about his big brother. The original cash reward was $85,000, but Stockton police said they raised the reward to $95,000 after an anonymous donation.Learn more about Lopez here. This is a developing story as KCRA 3 learns more about those killed in Stockton. .-KCRA 3’s Maricela De La Cruz and Lysée Mitri contributed to this report.

The recent shooting deaths of at least five people in Stockton and of one person killed in Oakland last year are believed to be interconnected, according to Stockton police. In addition, the shooting of a woman in Stockton last year who survived is also linked in connection with the serial killings.

As the Stockton Police Department searches for the person or people responsible for the serial killings, KCRA 3 is learning more about the lives lost.

Leer en espanol.

The family and the medical examiner’s office first identified the five recent victims.

Two more shootings have since been linked to the recent slides. They included an April 10, 2021, shooting at 4:18 am when a 40-year-old Hispanic man was killed in Oakland, police said.

And a 46-year-old woman survived her injuries after being shot on April 16, 2021, at 3:20 am at Park and Union streets in Stockton.

Video above: Stockton police chief reviews five cases that he said appear to be connected

“These incidents are occurring in the hours of darkness, these incidents are occurring where folks are alone by themselves, not in lit areas,” Stockton police chief Stanley McFadden said on Friday, Sept. 30.

While most of the victims are Hispanic, Stockton police don’t believe that there is any indication that these are hate crimes. At the moment, it’s unclear if a person of interest being sought by police is a suspect or a witness.

| Read More | Stockton police chief says ‘stop the killing’ as they investigate serial homicides; person of interest sought

Paul Alexander Yaw, 35

Greta Bogrow

Paul Alexander Yaw was the first victim of Stockton serial killings.

Paul Alexander Yaw was killed on July 8, the family confirmed to KCRA 3.

“This is my son Paul. He was a great man with a big heart,” his mother, Greta Bogrow, who lives in Texas, said in a statement. “He was my son, a father, a grandson, nephew, cousin and brother and was loved by many. He has left a huge hole in our hearts, and I hope they catch the person(s) responsible before this happens again.”

Yaw was shot just after midnight — around 12:30 am — at a park in the 5600 block of Kermit Lane, police said. He was taken to the hospital, where he died from his injuries. One neighbor told KCRA 3 that she heard the gunshots.

Bogrow said her son was unhoused at the time of his death.

Salvador William Debudey Jr., 43

Salvador William Dubedy, Jr., 43

Analydia Lopez

Second victim of serial killings in Stockton, Salvador William Dubedy, Jr., 43

Salvador William Debudey Jr. was killed on Aug. 11, the family confirmed to KCRA 3.

Debudey was a Stockton native and father.

He was shot around 9:49 pm in a parking lot on the 4900 block of West Lane, police said. Officers found him with a gunshot wound and started life-saving measures. He died at the scene of the shooting, which was about five minutes away from the first homicide.

Debudey’s wife, Analydia Lopez, says that she found out about the possible connection between all homicides through social media and is upset that Stockton police haven’t reached out to give her family information.

“It’s caused a lot of pain, a lot of pain to our family,” said Analydia Lopez, the wife of Salvador Debudey.

She said she met Debudey roughly 28 years ago when they were students at Franklin High School. They reconnected later in life and were married for 12 years.

“To be honest with you, a part of me died with him that day,” Lopez said. “It’s been hard. It’s been really, really hard.”

In addition to his wife and daughter, Debudey is survived by his three younger brothers and his mother and father. The family is now left wondering who killed the 43-year-old.

Learn more about Dubedy here.

Lorenzo Lopez, 54

Lorenzo Lopez

Hearst Owned

Lorenzo Lopez was the fifth victim of Stockton serial killings.

Lorenzo Lopez was killed on Sept. 27, the family confirmed to KCRA 3.

He was shot just before 2 am on the 900 block of Porter Avenue, police said. When officers arrived, they found the man on the sidewalk with a gunshot wound. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. A shrine has since been set up at the scene by grieving family members.

“My mother and father were just heartbroken from this,” said Jerry Lopez, brother of Lorenzo. “That’s their first baby boy. And I know they have so many memories of him.”

Jerry Lopez is hopeful that the Stockton Police Department’s announcement that it’s offering reward money and looking for a person of interest in connection to his brother’s killing, and others believed to be part of that serial murder spree, will make a difference.

“He was there for me. He was watching out for me. I wish I could’ve watched out for him, ”Jerry Lopez said about his big brother.

The original cash reward was $85,000, but Stockton police said they raised the reward to $95,000 after an anonymous donation.

Learn more about Lopez here.

This is a developing story as KCRA 3 learns more about those killed in Stockton. Stay with KCRA 3 for the latest.


KCRA 3’s Maricela De La Cruz and Lysée Mitri contributed to this report.

#learning #victims #Stockton #serial #killings

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *